- 38th U.S. President
- Neither elected as President nor Vice-President
- Pardoned Nixon and all Vietnam draft dodgers
- Straight forward President “Restored the nation’s faith in gov’t”
- Continued detente
Gerald Ford was the 38th President of the United States, but he was not elected. He was know was the President that " Restored the nation's faith in government. He believed in detente.
Teddy Roosevelt... once said, 'Speak softly and carry a big stick.' Jimmy Carter wants to speak loudly and carry a fly swatter.
Gerald R. Ford
- 39th President from 1976-1980
- Most famous for his dealings with the Arab Israeli conflict
- Hosted the Camp David Accords in 1979
- Was a strong supporter of détente and oversaw the SALT II talks
Most famous for his role in the middle east, he hosted the Camp David Accords in 1979 meeting for Isreal and Egypt to try and bring peace between the middle east. He was certainly a detente president, but lost to the republicans in the second term election.
Republicans are men of narrow vision, who are afraid of the future.